Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thanking God for Obamacare: Uninsured Floridian Sister with Defective Heart Needs "Obamacare"


-->
                 1980 Picture of my sister Diane (L) with my niece Ivy, sister
                 Jenise, and my two babies.

My forty-five year old sister Diane is one of the many Florida residents who don’t current have health insurance. On August 9, 2013, she had a heart procedure at a hospital in Tampa, Florida. The surgical procedure was done to correct/address damage done to her heart caused by steroids given to treat chronic asthma.


Diane who is a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Her treatment includes having her leave the hospital with a LifeVest which automatically provides monitoring and delivers electrical therapy without bystander intervention for a high-risk heart patients awaiting implants.


Diane and other Americans who suffer from life-threatening heart problems life and health is important to their love ones as Dick Cheney’s life is to him and his family. Cheney received the best medical treatment available in the world for his heart problems and eventually received a heart transplant at age 71 .
I don’t know what my precious sister’s future will be but I do know that Gods holds the future. I am thankful that Affordablce Health Care Act (Obamacare) is the law of the land. I am so happy that Florida Republican Governor Scott has reversed his stance on Obamacare which will make health insurance coverage available to 1.3 million Floridians.

I had a heart health scare earlier this year. Unlike Diane I had health insurance and extensive testing revealed that I didn’t have a defective heart. My own experience and that of my sister had made me believe more than ever that every American deserves to have affordable health care as a RIGHT and not a privilege.

Vera Richardson
Preview
Screwed by Former Governor and Attorney General Eliot Spitzer 

No comments :

Post a Comment