Friday, September 20, 2013

DAM_ IT Speaker Boehner - The America People Voted for Barack and Obamacare in 2008 and 2012!








I supported President Obama's re-election efforts by volunteering to go to Norfolk, VA at my own expense for a month. I volunteered because I believed in President Obama's vision that all Americans regardless of race deserve an equal opportunity to healthcare, employment, education...etc.

On November 6, 2012, many of the volunteers including me and voters supporting the president expressed our fear that Romney could win the election. In this raw video recorded on November 7, 2012, I expressed my feelings, fears, and joy, that the American voters had re-elected Barack Obama based on the content of his character and not the color of his skin as president of the United States of America.


My direct message to Speaker Boehner:  Although it will mean that you will no longer be Speaker please put this nation first and abandon your plan to shut down the federal government in order to deny an African-American president his signature accomplishment “Obamacare.”


We can't play with the slippery slope of trying to overturn a law that the Supreme Court has ruled constitutional. Some very intelligent people have accurately compared the GOP tactics to events leading up to Civil War of 1861-1865.


Vera Richardson


No comments :

Post a Comment