Thursday, February 9, 2012

President Obama, Lilly Ledbetter, and Vera Richardson



On January 29, 2009, President Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act. According to the New York Times: “In signing the bill, Mr. Obama said that it sends the message "that there are no second class citizens in our workplaces, and that it's not just unfair and illegal, it's bad for business to pay someone less because of their gender or their age or their race or their ethnicity, religion or disability."

I hope and pray that President Obama will take a similar interest in my case and act in a similar fashion. I hope that he doesn’t let politics prevent him from addressing racial employment discrimination that involves Democratic Party members Eliot Spitzer and  Governor Andrew Cuomo.

As of today’s date Andrew Cuomo has ignored my pleas for justice and peace. I hope that as leader of the Democratic Party Pres Obama contacts Cuomo and request that he investigates my case, the unjust denial of the appeal of my disability retirement application, and makes me whole by reversing that denial and reward me much needed back pay from that appeal.

Like Lilly, Vera Richardson, was a victim of employment discrimination. Ledbetter and women groups were encouraged by the signing of the bill named in her honor. Vera and African-Americans victimized by unlawful employment discrimination will be encouraged and motivated to participate in the November 6, 2012, presidential election if the defendants and attorneys on record in Richardson’s case and tens of thousands of other employment discrimination cases are held accountable for their unfair and illegal actions.

Vera Richardson
Preview my book “Screwed by Former Governor and Attorney General Eliot Spitzer”






No comments :

Post a Comment