Monday, August 9, 2010

CNN Will Not Feature Any of My Factual Employment Discrimination I-Reports


Why won’t CNN would scored a media touchdown with their professional handling of the Shirley Sherrod’s manufactured reverse discrimination case feature any of my personal, factual, and very painful racism and discrimination I-Reports?

I have been an I-Reporter for CNN.com since June 9, 2008. CNN has featured seven of my I-Reports and I was interviewed via Skype on CNN.com during United States Supreme Court Associate Justice Sotomayor’s confirmation hearing. My picture was also included on the CNN-I-Reporter’s Wall featured on John King’s show. (I am the last person on the bottom right in picture)

Additionally, I am so proud of the fact that my family was featured on the front page of CNN.com and my I-Report was featured by the network on the day that President Obama signed the Health Care Reform Bill.
Health Care Reform I-Report

On May 6, 2010, I posted a video and an I-Report titled A Employment Discrimination Victim Emotional Appeal for Justice.” view report I posted the video after watching Anderson Cooper’s coverage of the study of race with our nation’s children and the debate on the comments made by GOP Paul Rand on the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended. Watching the coverage which was very useful was painful for me.

During the week of July 19, 2010, racism once again became a national obsession (the Sherrod story). On July 22, 2010, I posted an I-Report titled “Racism Hurts” and video after watching Shirley Sherrod’s appearance of the Morning Joe Show. Racism hurts video

To say that I am disappointed that the “most trusted network for news” still hasn’t investigated and/or vented my factual allegations of employment discrimination would be an understatement. I know that Eliot Spitzer is scheduled to co-host a prime-time on CNN.
 my I-Report titled "Its Offical Instead of Jail Cell Spitzer Gets His Own TV Show"
The above mentioned fact doesn’t negate the fact that he played a major role in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court not reversing the clearly unjust and erroneous summary judgment dismissal of my employment discrimination lawsuit

The fact Spitzer a person who was the head of an agency that has a Civil Rights Bureau that is charged with enforcing the mandates of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 would tolerate Mike Russo, Asst NYS Attorney General filing his own declaration that contained perjured statement and the perjured declarations of Lee Gould, NYSDOCS Director of Personnel, Supt A Andrews (African-American female), Sgt Reed, Gerald Goncalves, Office of Affirmative Action (Hispanic male), James Berbary, Deputy Superintendent of Administration still causes me great pain.

My employment discrimination and retaliation experience lasted for three of the ten years that I was employed by New York State Department of Correctional Services. It continued for four more years with the New York State Attorney General’s Office (1997-2001) and ended with a court order from the United States Supreme Court. The abuse that I suffered at the hands of Eliot Spitzer’s staff was more painful than that of NYSDOCS and New York State Department of Civil Service’s supervisors. It was more painful because since I was fourteen years old I have believed in the guarantees of due process and equal protection provided by the 13th and 14th amendments of the United States Constitution. I still believe.


Vera Richardson

No comments :

Post a Comment